In this course you’ll learn about…
How you are being tracked
Why privacy matters
Securing your online identity
Getting full control over app permissions
Getting rid of all Google services/apps
Which apps/services are perfect privacy friendly replacements
Encrypting your personal files on your phone
Having privacy-friendly conversations online
Bonus: Optimize your phones speed (no bloatware)
Bonus: Improve your battery life significantly (no bloatware)
“Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”
– Edward Snowden, NSA Whistleblower
The amount of spying on citizens is increasing by the day, did you know..
- Reading all the privacy policies in your life would cost you 5 full working weeks a year! That’s why you don’t do it 😉
- The NSA (National Security Agency of America) creates weaknessses in encryption technologies on purpose (see revelations by Snowden)
- Since 9/11, the FBI has been allowed to request information from companies and organizations worldwide through the Patriot Act? Such as documents and data about telephone and email traffic. Companies that refuse to do so are violating US law
- The ‘Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act’ (FISA) can oblige American companies to intercept data going through their networks. One of these companies is Level 3 communications: 1/3 of all the internet traffic runs through their cables. Most major internet companies receive tens of thousands of requests for information based on the FISA every year
Having a background in Online Marketing, we know how the big Silicon Valley company’s collect their data and sell it through Online Marketeers like us. Let’s be honest: the user-friendliness of their products is awesome! That’s one of the reasons why most people are still using them.
Being an Online Marketeer and caring about privacy is a contradiction in this day and age. You want to reach people to tell them your story, but at the same time you’d most likely do it through platforms that do not care about user privacy. As long as people still use the big tech platforms, you have to use them to be able to tell your story to the world.
But there’s a shift going on in awareness. People are creating new, privacy focused platforms. That doesn’t mean that marketing is not possible there, but you are in control of you data. We want to be part of the change!
– Android Privacy Team